8.11.2010

Introductions

I guess I should start out with a little background info -- not that I really think anyone who doesn't already know me will be reading this.

I'm a thirty year old (ouch, I don't feel that old) gal who was born in Kentucky, raised in Missouri, and met my Texas husband while living in New York.  We moved to Missouri to start our family near my family.  They're a pretty cool and crazy group of people and they kind of defined my world growing up.  I was an introverted, bookish kid and my family was pretty much all I knew until got into junior high...but I digress.  We left my husband's family in Texas.  While they're wonderful people, their morals and *thoughtful pause* ideas about family weren't what I wanted my child exposed to to grow up with, so it had to be done.  I feel you judging me for my judgmental judgment.  I'm okay with that -- I get one chance where Julian is concerned and I'm not going to second-guess my decision now.  I'm currently pursuing my Masters of Arts in Teaching through the satellite school here in town and working at the school in a secretarial capacity.  Someday I will be an English teacher, so if you find my combination of formal and casual register disconcerting you can blame it on my English degree.  Also, I'm a grammar nazi and, as such, I both invite you to point and laugh when I make grammatical mistakes and am ambivalent of the use of the work nazi in this context, yet still use the term freely.  Do you smell that burning?  That's cognitive dissonance frying brain cells.

My husband is a thirty year old guy who spent his formative years in Texas.  He's the only boy in a family with six children.  (Now is when it's appropriate to say 'oh,  you poor guy'.)  He's a computer nerd (aka Network Administrator) and he's magnificent in his element.  He's also a youth pastor and again he's glorious.  He wants to be a physics and chemistry teacher, but he's patiently waiting for me to finish my program before he starts on his.

Kevin and I met in World of Warcraft.  He joined my guild in 2005 and we became friends through copious alcohol and Dire Maul runs.  We would talk and play and play and talk.  After a long while we started talking outside of the game and after even longer I flew to Houston to visit him.  I moved to Houston later and we got married even further on.  That kind of brings the circle back to moving from Texas to Missouri, doesn't it?  Well, I s'ppose I'll talk about starting our family and meeting Julian next time I post. XD

1 comment:

  1. In the past few minutes it took to read this Intro, I learned more about you than in the many months I worked a desk away from you!
    It excites me that I'll be able to "watch" the little King grow in his Domain and feast from the bounty of motherly experiences you'll share.
    Ahhhhhh motherhood...I told you it would be sincerely wonderful. K

    ReplyDelete